Sunday, August 2, 2009

Weekend Recap


Friday night Parker and I had our movie night. We watch the Beyonce movie "Obsessed". My advice, dont rent it. It was OK but totally predictable and pretty bad acting. For all of that bad acting I wanted a little more action or something. In the end Beyonce wins and everyone is happy, yada yada yada...

Saturday we helped host a wedding shower for Parker's best friend Jason and his fiance Amelia (also a great friend). We started off the day floating the Comal river. It was so much fun! I have never done that before and man I had no idea what I was getting into. We got there and they had no tubes with bottoms. But the bride to be Amelia worked her magic and we were able to move ahead with the day. We has a total of 22 people floating with us. It was hard to keep us all together, but all in all it was a ton of fun. The Bride and Groom had a blast and were both sufficiently wasted. I pissed of Parker and made him switch tubes with me, which he then could not get back in the tube, I felt horrible. He fell into the water a few times but then got it together and forgave me. I did not loose my beer once, but I did loose my sunglasses. I was told to be prepared for this by my good friend Janet, who was kind enough to send me a survival list of things to know while floating the river. Thank you Janet for that list because I would have been screwed without it. I love Texas because only Texans would think of his genius idea to lay in a tube and float down a river for hours on end and drink. Texans add drinking to all activities and inevitably they are better!

We then headed to Amelia's parents house in Wimberly. We hung out there with the rest of the family and friends who did not float the river. We played some fun games and even beer pong. I did not hit the table but the Bride and Groom were on that like white on rice. You know it is a good wedding shower when the Groom is beer bonging with his future in laws. NICE.

Sunday Parker and I actually slept in. Something I have forgotten how to do since having a puppy who wakes you up at 7 am. Harry tried that again this morning, but I was not having it. We slept until 11 am, it was wonderful. Parker and I then worked on the house for a bit and headed to Mandola's with some friends for Whitney's birthday dinner. We did a wine tasting, looked around the beautiful grounds and then had an amazing meal that I will be digesting for about a week.

This week I am getting ready for my mom, sister and niece to come to town. We are going wedding dress shopping and then our engagement party is Saturday! I am going to eat super healthy so I can then totally enjoy all the wonderful food that miss Kelly will be cooking up for Saturday's fiesta! I have a fabulous dress that I bought at the Nordstrom anniversary sale last week and will be premiering it at the party. Hope I can still fit into that thing after that meal tonight!

No comments: