Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Recap

So I know I have not posted in a bit but I have had a VERY busy weekend. Here is a short recap for you all:

Thursday my sister, mom and niece Annabelle came in from Houston to begin the weekend festivities. We hung out and relaxed that night. It was so much fun to have my house full of people and love.

Friday, I brought my niece in to the office to show her off for a bit and then went with my sister and mom to get their hair done. We go to the same lady that Kelly and your little dog too goes to. She is amazing and she is my Yoda. My sister needed some serious hair readjustments. All was well after that. I was feeling pretty good so we decided to go ahead and try on some wedding dresses. First stop was Serendipity bridal and the second was Unbridled. Both were so great and total polar opposites of each other. I found several great options at both and decided my little bridal brain had had too much for the day. It was super emotional and overwhelming.

Saturday we got up and had breakfast with the family and then headed out for another dress shopping trip. I headed back to Serendipity where I feel in love with Lazaro. They were having a trunk show and the dresses were perfect for my style and personality. I had asked my wonderful fiance what he wanted me to look like on the big day and he said beautiful, comfortable and sexy. Well let me tell you Lazaro had that in a few dresses. I had narrowed it down to two. We then headed to lunch with fiance and future mother in law. Yummy galaxy cafe sweet potato fries! Then headed back to the dress shopping. With one final walk through the store in the dresses I picked a dress. It is a Lazaro and is in the fall 2009 collection. I am not showing it because I want it to be a surprise and I am worried my fiance might look at it. But I love it. I can eat in it and dance and relax and all of that! I am so happy.

In the midst of all of this our wedding party threw us the BEST engagement party ever! My sister and Kelly did a wonderful job on decorations and food (with help from Kelly's husband). The guys brought all the beer wine and champagne you could drink and my out of town bridesmaids Sarah and Kate send a beautiful centerpiece. Here are some pictures:

Parker and I at the party:
The perfect outdoor table setting with my wedding colors:

My perfect niece Annabelle, the flower girl and show stopper:

My Mom and I during dinner:
We also picked a place for the wedding! I had been stressing over this for weeks. But with help from my mom and sister we chose, the Stephen F. Austin hotel! I am so happy about it!

We finished off the weekend on Sunday with breakfast at our favorite pancake house and then sleeping on the sofa and eating left over cupcakes my sister brought for our party. A perfect ending to an amazing weekend.

No comments: