Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Recap

So this weekend was a lot of fun but also exhausting. Wonderful Fiance and I made it to Houston at 11 at night on Friday. On the way to Houston he named ever single restaurant and fast food place he saw and named every single thing he would order from that place. He was just a bit hungry, despite the fact I brought him loads of snacks and soda to sip on. Apparently he was not satisfied and wanted to let me know. My parents and sister were up and waiting for us when we got there which was super nice of them considering I know they had been up all day playing with my 2 year old niece and had to have been tired.

Saturday the boys went to a car shop and looked at fancy cars that were being restored and my sister mom and I hung out and relaxed at home with my niece Annabelle. Wonderful Fiance and my brother in law headed out to go see "District 9", if you are into that type of movie they said it was really good. We then headed to the Taste of Texas for dinner! OMG it was amazing. We had a big steak dinner of which Weight watchers need not know about. It was so yummy and perfect. My dad, who does not drink, ordered us a fantastic bottle of wine and we just chatted.

I have a very high level of respect for my sister and brother in law because my niece is quite a handful and though the whole dinner they kept her entertained and happy. Its amazing to watch a team like that. I want to be like them one day!

On Sunday we went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. It was a ton of fun and so cute to see Annabelle FREAK out at all the stuff to look at. The butterfly exhibit is amazing and I highly recommend it if you are every in Houston. Just fun for everyone. Wonderful Fiance did have a little panic moment as he leaned down to look at a butterfly and got nose to nose with it to only then realize it was a wasp! Whoops! Wonderful Fiance let me stay way later than originally planned so i could lap up as much time as I could with everyone. It was totally worth it.

I have to say a good old fashioned weekend with the family was just what I needed. My mom and dad sadly head back to Alaska soon and I hope I get to see them sooner rather than later!

No comments: