Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Recap


This weekend was wonderful. I did NOTHING! I had the best weekend I have had in a long time, as far as relaxation goes. WF and I had movie night Friday night. For those of you that don't know us that well we love movies. My WF is a HUGE movie buff rents like 5 or 6 a week to watch. Its sad really. Anyway, we have Pei Wei and drink too much wine and watch a movie every Friday night. It is our favorite thing in the world to do and it has to take an act of god for us to cancel movie night. Recently movie night has turned into WHALE WARS night! Have any of you watched this amazing piece of reality TV goodness? It is on Friday nights on animal planet. A-MAZE-ING, they fight the Japanese whaling fleet all pirates style and this week the rammed their boat for heavens sake! I highly suggest this show.

Saturday WF and I slept until 1:30 PM, yes it is shameful and again totally wonderful. We got up did some errands and then I went to go see "District 9" with some friends of mine. I liked it even though I did not want to go see it all that much. A good social commentary and not really about aliens at all. I suggest that if you ladies want to look really cool on date night you go see it. It's not too gory or anything.

Sunday we went to breakfast with Kelly and her husband. There is a really amazing pancake house right by our houses and it was a real treat to have a nice Sunday breakfast with them. We then had pool time on Sunday afternoon. This is a tradition I have only recently been informed of. People get together, grill and drink beer in the pool for hours. WONDERFUL idea. We made yummy turkey sausages and munched on cherries. Then our friends Amelia and Jason showed up and brought some sort of champagne drink that we proceeded to drink straight from the bottle. Ballers, I know. Then we watched out Sunday wonderfulness, Tru Blood and Entourage an ending to a perfect weekend of nothing!

No comments: