Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Weight Watchers Plateau


Last night I went to my weekly Weight Watchers meeting. I weighed in and weight exactly what I did last week. I have been working on getting to my final goal weight for the last month and have been withing 2 pounds of it for the last month. It is getting very frustrating.

Last night's meeting was actually all about plateaus and how to get over them. I really want to but I am getting very tired of this whole not loosing any weight thing and sometimes lack motivation. For the first three or four months I have been on WW I lost about a pound to two pounds a week. Now it is like I hit this huge wall and get get past it.

So last night I made a very weight watcher's friendly meal and had a glass of wine with dinner. It was perfect. I just took everything I had left in the fridge, tomatoes, onions, asparagus, garlic, zucchini and threw it all in a little fat free low sodium chicken broth. I grilled all of that while cooking some whole wheat penne pasta to taste. Then mixed it all together and baked it with some fat free shredded mozzarella cheese on top of it for about 5 minutes. It was super yummy and about 6 points give or take for a cup and a 1/4. With the glass of wine it came out to be a 9 point dinner. Not to shabby considering I had 11 left for dinner.

Well then the wine kicked in and I wanted something bad to eat. I live right by a Sonic, dangerous I know. I usually run over there and get a diet cherry lime aid, and that does the trick. Not this time. I got a Sonic Blast with Oreos!


So yummy, so wonderful, so 15 points. Oh gosh what have I done!? It was so yummy on the way down but I totally regretted it for the rest of the night. Maybe this is why I am stuck on my plateau?

2 comments:

Vic said...

I am not on WW but this is just my POV as someone who lost some serious weight this year! :)

You need to let yourself have little indulgences. Can you have a blast every night or even every week and expect to see results? No. but if you don't let yourself have what you REALLY want now and then, you'll drive yourself mad!

Example: I love Amy's ice cream. Am OBSESSED with Amy's ice cream. I gave it up for 6 mo. prior to my wedding; that's how much of a problem it was. But I still let myself have (real, whole-fat, delicious) ice cream now and then as long as it wasn't from Amy's. Theirs is way worse, haha.

Sorry for the tangent/novel but don't be discouraged and keep up the good work! Maintaining your weight for the last month IS an accomplishment, even if you'd rather still be losing!

Christine said...

You are so right. I just could not believe I went to my WW meeting did not loose anything and then went directly to Sonic! Goodness! But you have a great point and I should work on that. Thanks Vicki!