Friday, August 21, 2009

Baking

So I have had the urge to start baking again. Any of you that knows me well knows I stress bake. When ever I used to get really emotional or whatever I would bake. I would make things almost nightly at one point and then bring them into my office and have them test everything out. I have perfected my Chocolate Chip Cookies, by making them over and over again, so I wanted to challenge myself. I looked around and found a blog by "The Waspy Redhead" - a friend of mine who always has amazing food! She made these Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies - http://thewaspyredhead.com/?p=1122, and they looked wonderful so I tried them out!










I think they came out pretty wonderful. Mine of course don't look anywhere near as beautiful as my friend's do but oh well it was a first attempt! The grating of the zucchini was a little taxing so I will have to find a better way to do this. I think the cookies came out a bit like zucchini bread but they are so moist and yummy that does not matter. I baked them alone in my house with some streaming jazz piano from Pandora on and had a wonderful night to myself. It was really fun to get my feet wet and I hope to continue this trend through the holidays. If you have any treats you want me to try out let me know! I love to bake and am always up for a fun new thing to try.

On a side note, I brought these cookies into my office and did not tell anyone that they were any different. A lot of people looked at them and were like why do they have green in them. One lady even refused to eat my cookies because she thought I was feeding them rancid food, COME ON! I am not weird and I would never do that, and I am just a little hurt that she did not like my cookies.

1 comment:

Vic said...

YUM, your cookies look scrumptious!

I had great success making Black Bean Brownies! Though be sure to undercook a bit, this makes them very fudgy and moist. They were a hit and even fooled my grandma who is PICKY and loves baking!