Monday, March 1, 2010

The bride is back bitches!

I wanted to sound super hard core to emphasis the fact that I am getting back into bride mode. I am getting married in 6 freaking months! I cant believe it, in six months I will be walking down the isle. So with my well deserved break in wedding planning complete I am back in full force.

First off I/we have changed my bridesmaid dresses. With the help of my sister and countless hours of looking at inspirational photos I have decided to go with JCrew chocolate brown dresses in silk taffeta. Here are some pictures of some of the options the girls can choose from:





(All from JCrew.com)

I like the idea of the girls being able to pick out the dress they want to wear and being able to pick what works best for their body. I also liked that these dress have to potential to be worn at a lot more occasions. The look much less "bridesmaid-y". Everyone seems to be on board and I am really happy that they are OK with the change. I am hoping they will all be able to get them on sale or at least free shipping in the next six months. 

Moving on from there WF is leaving for is bachelor party this weekend. They are going skiing and I am really happy that he is super excited to go. We have spent a lot of time at REI getting him all the stuff he needs. The guys are planning to be on the mountain for a good three days. I hope they have a great time and don't get into too much trouble. If I know these guys though they will take great care of WF!

After he gets back number one priority is going to be booking the honeymoon. Every time we sit down to do it we don't get it done. We MUST at least book our flights but I am hoping to get it all done by the end of this month. I get all stressed because we are going to try to used points from our credit card to buy one of the tickets. I have never done that before so I worry I am not getting a good deal.

Are you happy the bride is back? Look forward to many fun do it yourself projects, planning thoughts, rants and raves over the next few months!

5 comments:

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

I love all the dress choices and I really love that you're letting your girls choose a dress to flatter them. I have SO many bridesmaid dresses in my closet that I would never touch again - this idea/concept and the choices ROCK!

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

excited to learn all that goes into such planning!

Im in a wedding in April- were all wearing j crew dresses as well and the whole personal shopper thing helped when I went into the store to be measured/fitted!

d.a.r. said...

Super cute!! I love those dresses!

Unknown said...

Trey and I just used points for the first time this month! We researched the HELL out of it, Travel is the only thing worth using points on tho get a good return value!

rena said...

I love all the dress choices - v. cute!