Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend was beautiful here in Austin. I was able to spend most of the weekend outside enjoying it as much as I could. Friday I came home and tackled my kitchen pantry. It had been almost a year now since I had cleaned it out and reorganized the whole thing. It was amazing how much stuff I was able to throw away. I then cleaned the whole kitchen. I know I am the loser that spent Friday night cleaning my kitchen but whatever I had a good time accomplishing something that I normally hate to do. 

Saturday I did more cleaning, worked out outside, walked my dog, grocery shopped and all of the usual. Then we headed to an engagement party fro a friend of WF. It was all the way out in Johnson city. Let me tell you I was totally nervous as it was out on a ranch and I was totally out of my element. We arrived a bit late but were able to get sangria in my hands before the fact that there were cows walking by me made me too nervous. The home that this was held at was absolutely stunning and if I am ever "ranch-y" that is the way I am going to do it. 

Sunday our wonderful dog got us up at 7 am. Instead of sleeping in we decided to be productive. We headed out to play tennis and then take a walk. Both of us need to get in shape and we want to try to do things together to encourage each other. We then headed to Kerby Lane where I was tempted to say eff it and eat all the french toast, Kerby queso and mimosas I could handle. But I instead went with egg whites, fruit and whole wheat toast ( I did manage to sneak in a mimosa though). We headed home to be huge dorks and sorted out some of WF's thousands of comic books. He is selling them to complete his collection of X-Men. I know. Anyway we then headed out to run some more errands and took advantage of day light savings by walking up to the frozen yogurt shop by our house with the pup. 

All in all it was a great weekend, and I don't ever want to go back to work. BLAH. Hope you all were able to enjoy your weekends! 

2 comments:

Vic said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I need to clean out my pantry like whoaaa.

Erin said...

way to go! i love productive weekends like this! and don't be ashamed about getting excited about cleaning..that's a good thing.. i often get really excited about cleanliness ;)