Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How to get my ass out on the dance floor:

Hire this guy!!!!!

For those of you unfortunate ladies out there who do not know who DJ Lance Rock I shall introduce you! DJ Lance rock is a character from the children's show "Yo Gaba Gaba". He is the magical DJ that turns stuffed animals into real living and dancing things. It is awesome and my two year old niece freaking loves herself some "Yo Gaba Gaba".

So you must be asking yourself why the hell I am talking about DJ Lance Rock. It is because I have decided I would like him to DJ at our wedding. All the other fools I have found are trying to butt rape me with costsand stupid questions. I have found a deal or two and am currently trying to book our DJ by the end of this week. I will let you know how that goes.

In the mean time I have had to come up with a list of DO NOT PLAY (notice the capitals mean business)  music and then music I do like. It is funny I always thought this would be easy to describe. I like big band, standards, good dance music a little bit of top 40 mixed in with classic 90s music. How hard is that right? Well apparently this is not specific enough for Mr. DJ man who needs me to give him a play by play. This is why I wanted to go with an iPod in the first place dammit. So then we go to the infamous DO NOT PLAY list. Did you have one? Do you have recommendations for this? So far this was part of my latest email to one of the DJ candidates:


"No group, conga or circle dancing, chicken dance, electric slide, no line dancing at all in fact! Basically no tacking wedding songs, I know they have their place but not at our wedding. This list is a pretty good do not play list for me as well: 

"Amazed" -- Lonestar
"YMCA" -- Village People
"Mambo #5" -- Lou Bega
"Respect" -- Aretha Franklin
"Ice Ice Baby" -- Vanilla Ice
"Macarena" -- Los Del Rio
Any Eminem
"Can't Get No Satisfaction" -- Rolling Stones
"Proud Mary" -- CCR
"U Can't Touch This" -- MC Hammer
Any Michael Jackson
"Good Riddance" -- Green Day
"Hey There Delilah" -- Plain White Ts


What else should I add to my DO NOT PLAY? Do you have any music description selections that you could give me? It is hard to say what you like.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

we specifically requested MJ, bc that's how I roll....Billy Jean? Loves me some of that.

Janet said...

This reminds me of that episode of How I Met Your Mother, they DO NOT - NO WAY IN HELL LIST, too funny! I haven't seen Yo Gaba, but I'm kind of picturing Steve from Blue's Clues getting funky ;-)

Unknown said...

You remember a year ago you told me to get Campbell to watch Yo Gabba Gabba, Well she does, all day and all night and all we sing is "shake the sillies out"! So I can point the finger at you for bringing Gabba to my life!! Ok actually Trey and I really love the dang show and Campbell's 2nd birthday is going to be Gabba themed!

I ordered the DJ Lance costume for the party for our DJ to wear! I would be more then happy to give it to you to make your DJ and his no play list wear it!

Katie D said...

HAHAHA!! That is hilarious, but no MJ???

Heather said...

I would like to add the following to the DO NOT F*ING PLAY THIS AT MY WEDDING list:

"Brickhouse" The Commodores
"Bless the Broken Road" Rascall Flatts
"Pussy Control" Prince (Yes, I went to a wedding where they play it, not only once, but THREE times!
Any Snopp Dog from after the 2001 Doggystyle Album
"Put a Ring on it" Beyonce
Lady Gaga - all of it, she is too angry at men