Friday, March 19, 2010

March Madness: Yankee Style

So for those of you that do not know I moved to the Lone Star State from Philadelphia about 5 years ago. I went to Temple University in Philadelphia and I loved it. I met some great friends and in general loved living in the big city.

Well my Temple Owls will be taking on Cornell in the NCAA tournament today and I am very pumped. The last few years our basketball program has been really crappy and I am looking forward to the possibility of making in at least to the second round this year. It is great for my school but most of all it is great because I will finally have something to gloat about to all of my friends who went to UT!

I happily go to all the watch parties and wear burnt orange. I in fact have more UT stuff in my closet than I do Temple. It is shameful I know, but this year UT lost in the first round (sorry longhorns) and so I might be able to say my school is better than UT in at least one thing!

So go Owls I will be routing for you today. And if they win today I will be making my friends here in Texas wear Cherry and White on Sunday as they cheer us on! :)


UPDATE: Well we lost. That is what I get for running my mouth. At least we still have the cheese steak going for us! Go Owls anyway!

2 comments:

Christy said...

well... it's not looking good right now. I am rooting for them though, otherwise it's going to do a real number on my bracket!

Jill said...

i'm not really a big fan of college basketball, i didn't know until 2 weeks ago that they had "two periods" instead of "four quarters". my bad. but it was driving me CRAZY today when people were calling the univ of northern iowa "NIU". it's "UNI" people! why can't people educate themselves on the mediocre yankee/mid-western schools, huh!? ;-)