Friday, February 26, 2010

Things I love

Lately I have been really busy with work and wedding planning. I took the month of February off from planning my wedding to help recenter myself and make sure I was focused on what is important in life. I think I have found that again and I honestly can say I feel much more like my happy ex-yankee self. Its amazing to me how fast I started to become totally obsessed with my wedding and I hope I don't get to that point again. Not that I will not love my wedding, I just feel like it is important to focus on why I am getting married! It is almost March and the wedding planning blogging will start again soon but in the mean time I thought I would try to write at least one more non wedding related blog.

So with that being said I was reading a new blog I found Classy in Philadelphia  and I really got to thinking about things. She apparently just went though a break up and was reminding herself about what she really loves. I thought I would piggy back on that and comment on some of the small things I love in my life.

- I love drinking black tea in the morning. Heck I love tea in general.  It wakes me up and makes me feel all warm and happy. Even if I have to go to work everyday. My cup of tea in the morning makes me one happy girl. When I got to bed at night I drink a cup of sleepy time tea every night. Totally helps me sleep all the way through the night.

- I love weight watchers! I have been on and off the proverbial wagon these last few months, but as my friend reminded me last night my wedding is about 7 months away and I should get my butt in gear. Weight Watchers has helped me to loose over 20 pounds in the last year or so. I feel so much better about myself and I know how to eat right now. Now I have about 7 or 6 pounds to go and I just need to get back in the swing of things.

- I love my girlfriends. I have a great group of close girlfriends who have been with me through so much crap. I love them for always being there for me and always being able to make me laugh.

- I love Austin. I have lived here for almost 5 years now and I honestly would stay here the rest of my life if I could. The people, culture and city are just amazing and I feel so lucky to live here.

- I love my sister. My sister is my best friend and always has been. We are so different and that is one of the reasons I think we get along so well. She is a great mom and I hope to be like her when I "grow up".

- I love my WF (wonderful fiance). He is so amazing to me and I am so lucky to have him in my life. I can't say much more about him other than I thank the powers that be that I am so blessed to have a good friend and lover like him.

- I love the cold. I miss it being cold all the time and I love when it gets really cold here in Texas. We had snow here for the first time this year and it just made me so happy. I made soup and drank some tea and relaxed on my sofa (in my leopard snuggie) with a good book as the snow came down. It was one of the most perfect afternoons I have had in a long time.

So I pose this question to you bloggers, what are some of the things you love in life?

1 comment:

Vic said...

Love this! I would have to agree with a lot of these lately, esp cold weather and Austin, and cold weather IN Austin!