Thursday, February 18, 2010

A night full of awkward but good social gatherings...

Last night I decided to head to the Austin Blogger happy hour at "Vino Vino", because let's face it I will never turn down the chance to drink wine and gossip with the girls. Well I got there right at 5:30 and did not see any of  the usual group. Thinking I was just early I sat down and had a glass of wine. I kept looking at these two other girls in the bar who also seemed to be waiting for a big group of girls. But again I did not know them so I continued to sit there alone. Well after about 15 minutes of awkwardly trying to make a bartender like me so he would give me a free glass of wine (which was a success BTW) I saw Emily walk in and sit down with the other girls. I read Emily's blog quite often and  I knew her from her pictures. So I figured what the hell and I walked over. Turns out the girls were bloggers! So after sitting down and chatting for a bit, I found out that they both have bogs I was currently not reading, but they were super nice. One was Tobin Tales, and the other, please forgive me I don't remember the name, but please post it on my comments because you were really sweet and I do want to read your blog!

Anyway, we soon realized that it was just the four of us. No one else showed up!!!! I was a bit confused because normally everyone comes to these things. I called Amelia and she said she would stop by and so the five of us has a great time. We chatted and had some awesome calamari. I loved Vino Vino and I am really looking forward to setting up another happy hour where we can all catch up. I would like to know if we were being punked though. Hope everything is OK with the rest of you bloggy girls!

I then headed to the Four Seasons to meet up with my childhood best friend Bonnie. It had been about ten years since she and I actually sat down and talked. I was super nervous for some reason so I was glad I had had a glass of wine at Vino Vino. It was funny after all these years we sat down and it was like no time had passed at all. We talked for three hours about everything under the sun! She is doing really well and she is going to come to my wedding with her family in September! I was so touched that she is going to make the trip.

It was amazing to me that even after all the years and how different we are now both of us were still great friends. It really made me appreciate all of my wonderful girlfriends. So to all you ladies, you know who are, thanks so much for being my friends and I am genuinely looking forward to the next ten years of fun stories and long conversations we have in store for us. Thanks for being there!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I know, WERE we being punked?? Oh well, I'm really glad we had the chance to meet! I had a great time even if it was just the five of us!

I know what you mean about picking up right where you left off with old friends. I love when that happens =)

And the other girl's blog is here:
http://dezzylouwhereareyou.blogspot.com/

Vic said...

Again, I am so sorry I couldn't be there! I tweeted about it at the last second and I know Jill did too. And Kelly and Jmo tweeted earlier in the day that they couldn't go. Just one of those things. You were not being punked and I hope y'all had a great time anyway! Sorry!!!! Let's meet up for real soon.

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

me me me- Im the other girl!

Kelly said...

Once again soo sorry I didn't make it. I thought I had included you in my twitter announcement about the Dr.'s appointment. Vino Vino is awesome and I am bummed I missed it.

Emily said...

I had so much fun meeting you! We'll definitely have to hang out again. I'd love to learn more about the Women's Alliance. I've been thinking a lot about that!

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry I had to miss it! I was planning to be there, but some stuff came up... I'll plan the next one to make up for missing this one!