Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Life is Precious


Yesterday I got an email from one of my best friends from college and bridesmaid, Kate. Kate's longtime boyfriend and friend of mine Matt Sheeran is a PA state trooper. He is a great guy who has said he has always wanted to be a cop. Friday night he and his partner were hooking an abandoned vehicle up to a tow truck when he was hit by a drunk driver. He was pinned between the car and the tow truck. Matt's legs have been crushed and I don't know much more than that. I have attached a link to the latest news story so you all can read it for yourselves. 



This is Matt: 
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7294286

Kate has told me Matt is stable but they are in for a two year recovery process. After seeing his interview you can see he is doing OK. He is such a good man and I am so worried about not only him but my friend Kate. I am not sure if he will even be able to go back to the force but I am sure he will want to. Please keep Kate and Matt in your thoughts and prayers as they have a very long road ahead of them. 

4 comments:

Hailey said...

Oh wow! I'll be sending good thoughts their way, and keep them in my prayers!

Vic said...

That is so horrible! I'll be thinking of them.

rena said...

Oh my goodness! I will definitely be keeping them in my thoughts.

Katie D said...

Thanks Christine and everyone. Things are going as well as can be expected. Chris, I'll talk to you soon. Love.