Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend was rough. I am pretty much feeling like death warmed over right now and poor WF is not doing much better. So we tried to take it easy, but were committed to a few things so it really did not work out.

Friday night we saw Valentine's Day with our friends Janet and Ben. It was pretty cute. All the critics hate it because it is super sappy and predictable but whatever I liked it. It made me smile and that was worth it.

Saturday we headed to Houston to spend some time with my sister before going to a wedding in Lake Jackson. We tried on potential bridesmaid dresses and actually think we came to a consensus on what we are going to do about that. But since I am not doing wedding stuff this month, I will tell you all about it March 1st!

Saturday night we went to a wedding. I have to say it was for people I did not know at all but it was the worst wedding I have been to so far. Mainly because they started almost a full hour late.Yea a full HOUR late. Oh and did I mention for that hour we were suck outside? Yea thats right they had an outdoor ceremony in February and then had the audacity to start an hour late. Give me a break. Then they did this weird grand march thing, of which I was the city slicker who refused to participate because I don't square dance and my feel hurt. The decor was actually really cool. You could tell that the bride was really creative with that so I give them props for that. They had an awesome candy bar, but due to being sick I did not really get to enjoy that. I was most annoyed because the couple had no interest in talking to their guests. They hung out with their wedding party and friends but never came and said high to any other tables. I was offended by this and made a point of meeting the bride and groom before I left. Maybe it is because I am so sick or maybe I am just really picky. I would say we learned a lot about what not to do for our wedding.

Sunday, Valentine's Day, WF and I headed home. We had Pho for dinner and went to bed at 830. HOT I know. I hope you guys had a better weekend than I did. Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

2 comments:

Janet said...

That awesome flip move Taylor did in the movie made you smile ;-)

d.a.r. said...

We went to a really shitty wedding about 3 months before our own, it taught us a lot!! Especially about inconveniencing guests and being really rude. Yes, it is YOUR day, but all of those people traveled and spent a lot of money to celebrate WITH you.