Monday, February 22, 2010

I worked all weekend...

This weekend blew. Seriously it is not even over for me yet. I have been at a work conference since Thursday and will be busy until Wednesday. Today WF let me borrow his air card so I could have access to the internet and check email while sitting at our convention booth. I know you are super jealous of me.

One GREAT thing that happened this weekend - Janet is engaged! Whooo Who! One of my closest friends, and the reason I met WF got engaged this weekend to her fantastic BF now FiancĂ© Ben. They are like two peas in a pod and I could not be happier for them. I had been holding on to the secret for like two or three weeks and just dying to know all the details. Ben proposed Friday at their home and then took her out to dinner to meet up with all of her friends that night. It was so much fun to get to see the happy couple right after it happened. You could tell Janet was still in total shock. I am pretty sure she still is. But she was so happy and the ring is absolutely GORGEOUS! I can't even begin to tell you guys. That thing will blind you if you look to closely at it. It is a yellow diamond surrounded by pave and just absolutely sparkles! Janet is one of my bridesmaids and I am super excited to get to plan our weddings around the same time as each other. I am actually really looking forward to hearing about what she will do. She is pretty creative and I bet you will have totally beautiful wedding when the time comes. In the mean time I hope she gets to just enjoy being engaged! It’s so much fun.

The rest of the weekend I have been hanging out at a hotel in downtown Austin surrounded by members of the association I work for. I have been having a great time chatting with members and going to meetings. What is hard is that it is non stop. When you stay in the hotel that they stay in they are always around. You are walking to your room to go pee, they want to talk. You are trying to sneak away to sit down for the first time in a day and they want to chat. It is all the time. I am really looking forward to a break in the week, if not I might loose my mind.

I am hoping that I will get to sleep at some point for more than three hours soon.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I think I'm still in shock!! So glad to see you guys that night and celebrate!! Woo Hoo!!