Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend Recap

All I have to say is I got to hang out with my wonderful family this weekend. I played with my 2 year old niece, who seems to be in love with WF more than me sometimes, and I snuggled my little nephew Declan until my arms hurt. I just love going to spend time with my family in Houston. 

I did go to a baby shower on Saturday. While there a woman gave the guest of honor the most unusual poem ever. She then made her read it out loud. I am not going to give you the whole poem just yet but let me just give you a taste. It involved a crack mother and her baby, abortion, gay couples rights to adopt, teen pregnancy, test tube babies and judgment calls on mistake babies. REALLY! It was given to a mom to be as a serious poem for her to hang in her home. Did I mention the crack baby part? 

In addition to this party WF and I babysat for a few hours. two adults, two kids and two dogs was too much! WF is great with the kiddos but he damn near had a break down. Let's just say I don't think we will be making sweet sweet music together any time soon. After our experience of feeding, bathing and putting to bed two babies with out any help from their parents, WF was reconsidering parenthood in general. 

Always a good time. Hope you ladies had a great weekend, filled with all the laughing and love that mine was. 

2 comments:

Vic said...

That poem story made ME feel awkward just reading it... wow!

I got this really random crocheted, er, "wall art" thing from my grandmother's acquaintance (why she was at my bridal shower in the first place? is another story) and it was like a cloud with a rainbow and a giant (proportionally) butterfly and a frog? I was like really? But at least there wasn't a crack baby...

Hooray for a happy weekend with friends & family :)

d.a.r. said...

Wow, just hearing about this poem makes me super uncomfortable. WTF??