Monday, January 4, 2010

Hate to break it to you, BUT


... we are having a small wedding. WF and I chose a while back to have a fairly small wedding, only maybe 50 people will be in attendance. We wanted to keep it to really close family and friends. Well I sent out save the dates to only the people we know for sure we want to be at the wedding. It was a way for me to guarantee some people come. Well there are a few people that are on our so called "B" list. People who we love and care about but we are not sure if we should expand the wedding invite to that next ring of friends, you know? I have been torn about these few people but I recently got smacked in the face with the reality that these people, who may or may not be invited to the wedding assume they are! I HATE that. I did not even assume I was invited to some of out closest friends weddings last year out of courtesy to the bride and groom. You know a no pressure kind of thing.

Well these people write on my wedding website, "Can't wait to see you at the wedding!", and stuff like that. REALLY? I am stuck now because it was not like I was NOT going to invite them but now I feel like I MUST invite them.I hate that feeling. Am I being weird about this?

Just in case you were wondering, the annoying lady, has been doing her thing this whole morning, 16 times in the time it took me to write this post. AWESOME

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Don't feel pressured to invite them, remember the cost per person. Would you really take that person out for (not sure what the actual cost is, just hypothetical) a $50 per person dinner? It's BS. They need to get over it. Just try not to talk about wedding related stuff to them though bc that is kinda rude. But be ruthless with the guestlist, your wallet will thank you. I'm still pissed at B listers who RSVPed and then DIDN'T SHOW UP. Now I'm not friends with them anymore. If it's that easy to cut them out of my life, I probably should have never invited them in the first place.