Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend was super productive if I don't say so myself! My future mother in law came to town to do Christmas with us. We had a lot of fun spending time with her. Friday night I attempted a potato leek soup. It has the potential to be great but I think I need to change it up a bit. Maybe add another potato or some sour cream. It was just not thick enough for my liking. I did however buy myself an immersion blender. LOVING that thing. It makes blending soups so much easier and I am planning on looking up other ways to use that thing because it was so much fun to use. I also whipped up a batch of my chocolate chip cookies for a night cap.

Then Saturday morning I made WW strawberry and cream cheese french toast. OMG all of you  need to try this. It was super easy. Basically make french toast (I made it with egg whites, nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon, and a touch of milk on nature's own whole wheat bread) but before you dip the bread in the mixture put cream cheese and a strawberry fruit spread (I used WW cream cheese and fat free low sugar strawberry spread)  on two slices and put it together like a sandwich. Then cut in half, and dip it into the egg mixture. Then make just like french toast. It was super yummy and the total points used was about 6 points for two halfs of sandwich. Can't beat that!

We then went on a mission to get WF some new ski gear for his upcoming bachelor party ski trip.We did really well at REI. They are having a winter sale and we were able to buy him new ski pants and new jacket as well as new long johns to keep his Texas butt warm on the slopes (he actually loves the cold and is a great skier, I still like to tease him). Anyway it totally made me want to go skiing, they have lots of cute ski clothes. Future mother in law said I should try, and I said or I could look cute on the slopes and drink hot coco! :) I think we found some great stuff and he will look like quite the stuff on the slopes!


Here is what we bought:



Both images from REI.com

We then came home and had Honey Baked Ham Co. for dinner, and opend our presents. I got lots of little kitchen gadgets that I would never buy myself, wich is really nice. And I got a bamboo steamer! I NEED one of those, I have so many great ideas on how to use that. AND I even got a cookbook for that is specially for bamboo cooking. I am so excited to break that thing in! I love doing Christmas with WF's family. They wrap everything and make it so much fun. We finished of a fun weekend together going to the pancake house for breakfast, you must try this place. It is on Parmer Lane and Metric. THE BEST!

I will give you all an update on the bridal show on another post. It was a lot of fun though, and I still have sugar shock from all the cake tasting. :)

No comments: