Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed

I have been trying to stay on top of wedding planning. For the most part I feel I have done a good job at this. I have complete the following things:

Booked:
Photographer
Officiant
Venue
Florist (have not sent in my deposit yet, but I know who I am going with)
Day of coordinator

Done:
Save the Dates
Found my wedding dress
Picked wedding party
Picked colors
Have possible bridesmaid dress

But according to the "Knot" I am starting to fall behind on things. If any of you have planned your wedding you know what I am talking about. They have a checklist for you to refer to and it reminds you of things you should be doing this month. Well this month I have 6 things I am late on and like another 5 I still need to do. WTF? I thought I was totally ahead of the game and now I am way behind.

So as of now I am working on finalizing my florist, think I am going to go with the lady I like the most even if it is not the cheapest. I am making appointments with cake bakers (which if any of you have recommendations let me know) and looking into reception DJ's and ceremony music.

In the meantime what are your thoughts on a non-traditional layout of a ballroom? I had a vision of using long tables from the hotel and lining the dance floor on three sides with tables. My contact at the SFA sent me some pictures of a wedding that was a bit bigger than mine but had a layout like what I want. They used the whole ballroom, not just half like I had originally planned, I am not 100% sold, I like it though for sure. My other option is traditional rounds. What do you think:


 
 
My chairs would pretty much look like that, and then I have brown overlays for tablecloths. I am also not going to have as many flowers on the table, I dont have that kind of budget. So, does it look funny? Do you think the room looks cozey and warm and inviting? That's what I am hoping for.

8 comments:

d.a.r. said...

I love it!! I wish I'd seen these pictures before I got married, I probably would have done the same!! :)

d.a.r. said...

Oh and centerpieces? Meh. Waste of money. Besides, if they are too tall you can't see the people across the table from you, and they are just always in the way. Some are nice, too many is a waste.

Just my .02 :)

Laura said...

This is my first time commenting on your blog lol so excuse the creepiness! :)
I got married and followed the knot checklist...its INSANE! You do NOT need to follow that thing religiously and it sounds like you are doing great! I love the layout of the tables and would suggest lining the middle with tea lights in a small little vase, the ones that are like 2 inches tall. It would look nice (in my opinion) and wouldn't take up too much space.

Vic said...

Like Laura said, the Knot checklist is pretty much designed to make you stress out... and visit the Knot more often! I would take it with a grain of salt. As hard as it is - try not to stress too much. You have everything under control. :)

The table layout looks pretty awesome. I like how it's kind of family-style. Cute!

rena said...

I like the layout, it's different but I like it a lot! Also, centerpieces, not to worry. We used some hurricane lamps, tea lights and rose petals and called it a day (yes it looked nice). Focus on the things that really matter to you and it will be beautiful, promise!

I loved our DJ - Johnny Robinson with Complete Music (i think it's possible to get him cheaper without going through Complete so let me know if you want his contact info) and we used Michelle's Patisserie for our cake (which I didn't care about but my mom ate every.single.crumb. on her plate during the tasting)

amelia said...

like the long tables...we had too many people for that to be an option, but i think it could be really cool! looks inviting, kind of different...

one concern, is that it can make it harder to talk to people, and also, there will be more people with their backs to the dance floor/stage...but if everyone plans to dance, not a biggie...

also, def don't stress about the knot checklist...

i'm bored since i'm done planning my wedding, so if you want any help, checklists, etc...LET ME KNOW!!!

amelia said...

also, our dj (who i thought did a pretty good job, despite shutting down after my husband paid him off!! :)

...was very inexpensive. i think $300 or $350 for 5 hours, not including set up and tear down...

amelia said...

you think i'm kidding about missing planning my wedding. i keep thinking of more things to comment about...so we can just do lunch or coffee or wine and talk about some of this stuff if you want...i would love to help if you want any...