Friday, January 29, 2010

Thoughts and Thanks

 
Ladies, I can't thank you all enough for the support and thoughts you shared with me. I have been having just one of those weeks and knowing that I have support for you really helped. Lots of ups and downs this week and I am so ready for the weekend to be here. I really need to change things up at my office and make things happen for me. I have not been happy there for a while. It is mainly because I never feel like I am going to get any new responsibility, or that anything will change (and the whole everyone is kinda mean thing too). Its frustrating. I am hoping that things will get better soon. I don't really want to leave because in theory I like what I do.

With these feelings and my concerns of being unhappy outside of wedding world I have been thinking a lot about how to make things better That being said I am going to put a one month moratorium on wedding planning (I am going to try really hard at this I promise). I am working on planning things in my life other than my wedding. I have been pretty busy at work and with wedding planning on top of that I have been letting myself become the crazy girl that has nothing else to talk about but my wedding. I need to focus on my relationship with WF and I need to focus on my relationship with my friends. If I don't improve and maintain these relationships my perfect wedding will not be worth it. Let's face it I am WAY ahead of the game when it comes to wedding planning. I can relax a bit for the next month and still make my day perfect.

So, I can not guarantee that I will not obsess about details of my wedding and breakdown and plan something but I am going to make a effort to put it on the back burner. Did any of you who planned your weddings ever feel like you had to do this?

3 comments:

Vic said...

I definitely felt that way when planning my wedding! We had an uber long engagement, about 18 months. We had our venue (incl. catering) picked out in March '08 for our July '09 wedding... so yeah there was WAY too much time for me to plan, which led to way too much time to STRESS! It's good to take a step back for a bit and get back to it full-throttle in the spring. I think it's a good plan!

rena said...

I had a lot of stuff taken care of within the first few months and there were days when I didn't want to talk about anything wedding! Yes, it IS exciting, no doubt but sometimes you just need to take a breath or two. Great idea! :) But don't worry we still like hearing wedding ideas!

MadJax said...

oh yes! I definitely did this.. twice actually. We had 14 months to plan our wedding so when I found myself changing all of the plans I had already made.. I had to step back and take a break. We went on dates and spent time with friends.. it was a breath of fresh air and the Best thing ever! Sometimes it's important to step back and remember life before wedding planning..