Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Where we are going, we wont need roads...


As we get closer to the new year I am looking back at all that has gone on in the past decade and all the ways the world has changed. I remember in junior high reading about flying cars and all the things that would be different by the time I graduated college. HA! Flying cars, the FAA would love that! I remember in politics classes talking about how America was not ready to have a black president. That was only 5 years ago. Times have changed.

So with that I started to think what has happened to me in the last 10 years. I can't believe how much has changed in my life! I would like to take a moment to go over some of the highlights:

- I graduated high school, YEA HIGH SCHOOL
- I lived on my own in college in Philadelphia, where I knew no one
- Studied in Rome for a semester and traveled Europe
- I got my first apartment in Rittenhouse Square and was so "Sex and the City"
- Worked at City Hall in Philadelphia, for the now Mayor
- Graduated from college
- I decided after a drunken talk with my sister and brother in law that I should love to Texas, and did so
- I drove cross country with my mom in my 1995 two door jeep, so much fun
- I got my first job out of college
- Bought my first car, yea Saturn! 
- I found my first love, Harry, at the SPCA and have been obsessed with him since
- I got fired from what I thought was my dream job, but ended up much better off
- I met the man of my dreams
- Got engaged
- Became and Aunt two times over
- And am generally much happier than I ever could have imagined!

All in all I am blown away with all that has happened in the last 10 years. I just can't imagine how I got so lucky to have such great people in my life. I don't know what possessed me to move to Austin when I did not have a job or anyone other than my sister. I don't know if I could do it again honestly. I love my life here and I know with my fiance at my side I could do anything. But all alone and no job? WHAT WAS I THINKING!? Guess I knew good things would come.

Other food for thought as we go into the new year, where do you think you will be in another 10 years? What do you think the world will be like. That thought blows my mind. Honestly though, I know I have so much more to offer this world and the next ten years will be great!

***I am a little sad, I lost a follower today. Am I sucking at this blog thing? 

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

No you are not sucking! I love your blog! I lost a follower today, too. It might just be a Blogger issue?

amelia said...

oh! i lost a follower too!! feeling better about life now (especially if jennifer did too!)

♥ jmo said...

You most definitely do not suck!