Monday, December 28, 2009

And I am back!

As some of you know around this time of year I go to see my sister and her family in Houston. I always kinda go MIA for about a week or two and get lost in the wonderful life of being a stay at home mom. My sister has two really cute kids, Annabelle and Declan. I don't post many pictures of them out of respect for her but let me tell you the are REDICK! I have so much fun playing with Annabelle and snuggling little baby Declan. I just can't take it when Bee (that is what I call Annabelle) tells me "I youuuu" (I love you in her words). I never want to leave them.

My mom and dad flew in from Alaska, yes Alaska, for the holiday so I got to see them. My mom is the most amazing mom I could ever ask for and I am so happy I got to spend some quality time with her relaxing and shopping. She is even cool enough to help me pick out some new panties that miss Amelia told me about from Nordstrom, Hanky Panky, and she told me I have to inspire my future husband! Here is what we picked out. We will see if they are as great as everyone says, if so I will buy more.

I love my mom. We got some wedding stuff done yesterday and I helped her find her dress for the wedding. I must say it is very "Mad Men" of her and I LOVE it. The picture does not do it justice. The best part of it is that it does not look like a mother of the bride dress! Check it out:


My mom and I both fight our weight issues all the time. Last year she got to her goal weight and has since had some medical issues and gained a bit back. The both of us plan on doing WW together via online tools. I know she is going to look great in this dress!

The holidays were great and I am so bummed they are coming to an end. I am already looking forward to a great NYE party and relaxing next weekend with my Fiance! 

2 comments:

Janet said...

I love the Hanky panties, they are the best! I have tried knock-offs but they suck compared to the original. And I love your mom's dress, perfect!!

Jill said...

love your mom's dress! i wanted my mom to wear something similar, that style is just so flattering and cute!