Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"Your Little Girl's Day Thing"/ The drunk florist situation


Last night WF and I were in the kitchen cleaning up after a disaster of a floral appointment (which I will get to) and just after we finished watching the movie,"The Hangover". I love that movie it is freaking hilarious and WF loves Vegas and it got him all pumped up about his upcoming bachelor party in Breckenridge. As we are chatting I ask him if things are going to get out of hand at his party in March and he said "Well I know we will have fun, just like you will have a good time at your little girls weekend thingy you are doing" REALLY?!? That's what he thinks of my party. Plans are not totally set but now I am determined to make sure us ladies have a great time and there is nothing "little girls weekend thingy" about it. His friends really know how to have a good time and I know that they will have fun skiing and burping, farting and scratching together. But MY party will be a fantastic time. I have the best friends and big sister in the world. They know me so well and I have full faith in them. UGH men think we can't hang, I will show him.

Anyway, moving on to the florist appointment. OMG ladies you would not even believe what happened. Last night Janet and I drove all the way to Round Rock for an appointment with a company that did a friends wedding. They came VERY highly recommended and I have personally seen their work and was super excited about this meeting. Well I called 3 times and sent an email to confirm my appointment with them at 630, I got nothing back from them so I thought ehh maybe she is in another appointment or something. So Janet and I get to the house and ring the bell, Janet and I bother were thinking it was weird she had no light on in her house. She answers the door in her PJ's and slippers, and just stands there. I am like "Hi, I am looking for a florist, maybe I have the wrong house." She goes , "Oh no, I am a florist, sweetie do you have an appointment?" No lady I just like to show up to peoples homes asking for appointments for florists. So then she let's us in and proceeds to mention this is a really hard time of year for her and her family, her husband just died, WHAT? Oh my gosh I felt horrible. She was telling us she could still do the appointment though, meanwhile she is pulling out her appointment book and talking to us about her dead husband. She then tells us that he died last year at this time and she was really sad. Clearly she had taken some sort of pain killer and she was not all there she was kind of acting lost and or loopy. She then pointed to a picture (or shrine) on her wall and talked about him like he was alive. It was so weird. So I insisted we not have the appointment and we could reschedule (I am totally not going to that appointment though, sorry but it was a bad first impression). Janet and I then ran out of the house looking at each other like WTF? Most of all I am pissed I sat in traffic for that and wasted a night I could have been productive. On to the next I guess...adventures in wedding planning.

2 comments:

Vic said...

Firstly.... eff the "little girl" thing! You are going to have yourself a drunken debaucherous WOMANLY party and it's gonna be great. Gotta show him up eh?

That is so crazy about the florist. Of course it's sad about her husband but SHE made the appt for that day / time and has no excuse to not be professional. Sorry your time was wasted... that is lame.

Janet said...

Ha! I love this part, "No lady I just like to show up to peoples homes asking for appointments for florists" What an adventure!

And for the bach party, don't you worry we will have a kick-ass time regardless what we do, all I know is Britney will be the theme music!