Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekend Recap - Why I should not drink anymore

Friday - We celebrated Ben and Janet's engagement at Z-Tejas restaurant in downtown Austin. They wanted to have a "get to know you" wedding party party, and I think it was a great kick off to their wedding events!


I got there a bit early to get a table for everyone, and get set up. Plus I was rocking my boot (pictured above) and I wanted to make sure I did not fall down the stairs in front of people while carrying stuff. While waiting for everyone I decided to beat the heat with a margarita. After some more time everyone else got there and I ordered another margarita. Then it was almost 7 and happy hour was almost over so I ordered another margarita. And another just in case. After realizing that I was sufficiently wasted I proceeded to start spouting off all the bad words in German I have learned from WF. Kelly then mentioned she was drunk and I felt better about my being drunk. So what do you when you feel better about being drunk? You got that right, I ordered another margarita. For those of you counting I had FIVE margaritas in one night. Yes that is right FIVE.

Saturday - THE MOURNING AFTER, yes I spelled that right, I was in mourning for my youth. When after drinking too much liqueur I could bounce out of bed and pop a Tylenol and vitamin. Well I am not that chick anymore. I woke up at 3:30 in the morning with leg cramps from being dehydrated and could not fall back asleep. So I proceeded to stay up and watch "Showgirls" and "Shrek" while crying because I was on the verge of death. It was an awesome morning. Really. I almost killed my beloved dog because he needed to pee and the thought of standing up almost made me vomit.

I (after hours of drinking water and eating dry cereal) then headed to watch the U.S. loose in the world cup at Third Base. Why there was a 30 minute wait to get into the bar I don't know. Even more awesome. We eneded the night stoping by the pour house pub for a friends birthday party. I crashed shortly after.

Sunday - We headed to Amelia's house for some R+R and Mighty Fine. Their new house is going to be amazing. We floated in the pool and messed with our dog. A great end to a hangover weekend that almost killed me.

2 comments:

Katie D said...

HILARIOUS! and I did just about the same thing - only with wine.

Janet said...

Oh no! So sorry! Thanks for getting there early, such a BIG help! I found the key is water throughout the night, if you start it when you get home it's too late. . .