Tuesday, June 15, 2010

DIY Project: Pace Card Holders

I mentioned to you all that my wedding is going to have a wine theme to it and I wanted to buy these wine cork place card holders for the wedding:

Well in an effort to save us a buck and be creative I thought I would try to make these myself. How hard could they be anyway? It turns out not hard at all! I was able to make them with just a box cutter and a cutting board. Perfect! Here are some pictures: 

Box cutter and cutting board:


First I cut a side of the cork off so it had a flat edge: 


I then cut a line sightly toward the back of the cork and then made a thin groove angling it so the cards when placed in the corks are easy to read: 


Finished product: 


These are super easy to make! Plastic and cork work as well! Go forth and make place cards! I feel so Martha Stewart right now! :) 

No comments: