Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bachelorette Party Weekend Update

I can not put into words how much fun I has this weekend. My friends threw me the most amazing bachelorette party that I could have asked for! My hostesses were Janet and Kelly, both are bridesmaids in my wedding and apparently rock'in party planners!

The big day started off with breakfast at my house. Kelly and Janet had quiches and some amazing muffins, complete with make your own bellinis. I made blueberry french toast casserole with coffee and tea. I got a perfect little coach bag from my two bridesmaids in Philly who could not make it. I immediately changed bags to use it for the day!

The event planner and great friend Molly loaded us up in our van. We had a bodyguard/driver, games and bottled water with personalized labels! We headed to our first location, Becker Vineyards and had our first tasting. The wine there was amazing. So not what I would think would be coming out of the wineries in Texas. We then sat outside and chatted on the porch with a bottle of wine bought by my two bridesmaids in Philly, Kate and Sarah (thank you ladies).

Then we headed to Grape Creek Vineyards, where we had another bottle of wine outside and took a tour of the facilities. So interesting to hear how everything was done and how the wine was made. I do have to say by this point I had had enough wine that everything was super interesting! We did a tasting in the cellar right out of the barrels and I thought that was really cool. You could tell the difference in flavor from one barrel to the next. Then we had a totally amazing picnic lunch, of which our bodyguard set up for us. I remember at this point knowing I drank too much because Molly had taken my cell phone away from me! Darn you miss Molly!

We then headed to our final location, Torre di Pietra Winery. Super cute, and had live music! I loved a few of their wines! We sat outside on their pavilion for a few hours. We danced and drank and chatted. I believe this is where I get officially "classy (maybe a bit sloppy) drunk" I know at some point there were pictures of me with all the girls rings on, engagement, wedding, just for fun because I am fab rings, all of them. Why? I don't know.

We then headed home. I believe there were some penis scratch off's, there may have been some flashing of other cars by yours truly and so on. We got home and I gave the hosts thier gifts. A Shake Weight! Let's just say this gift made the rest of the night pretty interesting. We ended the night with a dance party in the living room while chugging the four bottles champagne that miss Amelia bought us!

I spent Sunday recovering on the sofa. The hang over was not that bad, but I was so tired I could barely move. I had some taco shack and that helped. WF and I hung out on the sofa most of the day and recovered together. (He had a horrible rock star night as well!)

For some pictures check out Amber's blog. I can't thank all the ladies enough for such a fun day! I am so lucky to have lots of girlfriends and love from all of you! Kelly and Janet you both have become amazing friends over these last five years and I am so lucky to call you two dear friends. Thank you for hosting an amazing party!

3 comments:

Janet said...

I think that about sums it up! So glad you had a blast! I'm ready to do it all over again - cheers to your bach party and the upcoming wedding!!

Unknown said...

I vote to do that at leat once a year. Maybe even take the boys once... NA!

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

Sounds like so much fun! I went to those wineries not too long ago and LOVED them. I also think the Shake Weight is a hilarious idea.