Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Side effects of getting engaged


I have finally gotten the scoop from my friend Kate and have had a chance to chat with her all day about wedding stuff. Gosh I can't believe how much I have learned about weddings in the year that I have been planning our wedding. As we were chatting Kate reminded me of some of the many things that happen to you when you get engaged, and plan a wedding. 

Over the last year I have become VERY aware of my hands, my nails and of course my ring finger. I used to bite my nails all the time. Now I at least try to keep clear nail polish on at all times and lay off biting my nails 'till the bleed. 

I cry at everything pertaining to weddings. I see a proposal story, BAM, crying. I see a bride at another wedding, tears. I watch any wedding show whatsoever and bawling. I was never like this about weddings. I chalk it up to being excited about having that moment. 

I have horrible "bride brain". I always tend to bring everything back to weddings or our wedding or really anything about me. It is horrible because I know I am doing this and I get super annoyed with bitches when they do this to me but I do it anyway. It is like verbal diarrhea all the time. 

My morning routine consist of checking every wedding blog I can think of. I read like 20 wedding blogs and I follow maybe 5 on a very regular basis. I love them all and I keep checking them thinking something will blow my mind and I will be able to incorporate it in my wedding, knowing full well I probably can't do any of that stuff. It is obsessive now. I am really looking forward to not thinking about place cards! 

I guess not too many obvious things have changed. Did anything happen to you when you were proposed to? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was like you for the first month or so but then i completely burnt myself out and honestly had everything planned and booked within 2ish months. I have stopped thinking about it as much (big day is in less than 4 months!) - mainly bc my fiance is gone again and im not crazy about planning when he's not around.

rena said...

I definitely had those moments: the nails, the bride brain, that image you posted was so funny!

Also I STILL cry at everything wedding related - not sure why, but what can you do? :) Hope everything continues to go smoothly for you!