Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Cookie Dream

Last night I had one of the strangest dreams I have had in a while. Let me begin by telling you a bit of background. My ex and I were never right from the start. He used me and abused me seven ways to Sunday. Including having me as his back up girlfriend when he had a girlfriend in the public eye. Totally horrible situation and it ended very abruptly. I actually finally cut ties with the guy the same weekend that I met my wonderful future husband. All in all it was not ideal and I never totally dealt with the way he treated me.

Well every once in a while he pops up in a dream. Last night my dream went like this. I had made my famous chocolate chip cookie bars that I love to make and had just pulled them out of the oven. WF came in and lovingly took a slice from the end of the casserole dish the way you are supposed to cut into it and told me he loved me and left. Ex BF comes in and starts his normal ways of schmoozing me and flirting with me. I felt guilty for appeasing him but told him he could have a cookie bar if he wanted one. He proceeded to cut into the dish right in the middle. Taking a huge piece out (which we all know the middle cookies are the best part) and chomping away. For some reason (who knows why really) I told him it would taste better if he poured hot coffee on the cookie while he ate it but not to let it get cold because then it would be gross. He then took the whole pot of coffee and poured it all the rest of the cookies, ruining them for me and for but most of all for WF. I was so upset because WF just took his part and loved it and did not mess with the rest, saving it for later. WTF is that? He then sat there and acted like nothing wrong. I yelled at him and told him he ruined everything and he just continued to sit there like he did nothing.

I told WF about this dream because I felt so guilty about having it. He then started to analyze it. He came up with the idea that I think the EX BF ruins everything and if I ever let him back into my life I would be opening myself up to that. I came to the conclusion that I am the cookie. WF just took part and respected the rest and loved it. The EX BF took the best part of it and ruined it for WF. I am always effed up, and he did this to me.

What do you think ladies?

2 comments:

Tupsu said...

I think it might make sense, though you're not a cookie and therefore you can be fixed with love and care. No need for WF to get another cookies. :)

Unknown said...

I told you that guy was a douse bag years ago! I think with time it will go away but the good new is it really makes you appreciate WF :) Now you know you have a good thing!