Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend Recap and BIG news!!!

This past weekend started off at a low point but could not have wound up better!

Friday - I went to the doctor to find out if my foot was healing and if I could start working out again. It was a no go, in fact it had gotten worse. To avoid much more detail lets just say I ended up with a steroid shot in my foot and a numb foot for the rest of the night. Fun stuff for sure. In other more fun news WF and I started watching Wale Wars a while back and are not totally addicted! I know it is a weird animal planet show but we love this crap! The season premier was Friday so you bet your asses we were watching it. I highly recommend you check it out.

Saturday - I got up super early and headed to Houston to go hang out with my sister for a little bonding time. I know with the wedding coming up my monthly visits will probably not happen so I took advantage. We went to go see Sex and the City 2 (after I had fallen asleep during most of it the first time) and I have to say It was what I thought it would be. A lot of fluff and a whole lot of nothing. Still fun and totally worth the money to go but ehhh they should stop making these movies. Heather and I then hung out with the family and made dinner with family friends.

Sunday - I learned how hard it is to get out of the house with two kids. Two hours after we started to leave we finally made it to the mall. No fault to anyone though, it was a lot of fun to play with the kids and relax with my sister. I have such an appreciation for her!

In other big, HUGE, and WONDERFUL news, one of my oldest and closets friends Kate, got ENGAGED this weekend! YEAH!!!! Her fiancé Matt is the state trooper I mentioned a while back who had both of his legs crushed in a horrible accident. She and Matt deserve nothing but the best and are a prime example of unconditional and true love. Kate is one of the kindest most genuine people I have ever known and I just can not be happier for her and her husband to be. Matt proposed to her on the beach while they were walking their dog! So sweet! CONGRATULATIONS KATIE!!!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Lol so glad you got the see the movie again! Sounds like perfect sister time.

Can't wait to hear Kate's engagement story, so cool!!