Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weight Watchers Wednesday

So I have decided I need to make some diet adjustments in order to get to my goal weight. I have already be hovering at my official Wight Watchers goal weight for about 8 months. I have yet to weigh in at this weight and that is really annoying but I digress... I want too loose another 5 lbs on top of this. Then I need to tone up my arms and rest of my body for the wedding and honeymoon. Phase one (due to injury) will be focused on diet.

Other than weekends, where I save all my splurge points to use, I never go over my points. I usually have about the same meal for breakfast and lunch with the same snack everyday. Very little verity. Then for dinner I have a weight watchers friendly meal and a few cookies for desert with tea. I drink gallons of water throughout the day. I have heard eating the same thing everyday is not good for you as your body gets "used" to this. Is this true? I have read that in order to really loose weight I have to first cut carbs a bit (and that blows) and then stop having my big meal late night. I should instead make lunch my bigger meal. Many of you are in great shape and I thought you would have some information about this.

What is the best way to really kick my diet in gear to get these last few pounds off?

3 comments:

rena said...

I'm not real helpful because I have been hovering at the same weight for about 6 months, even with working out. But I have a meal plan my trainer gave me when I was losing weight for my wedding if you want me to send it to you. It varies day to day but it's basically protein and veggies, and he even threw some mac 'n cheese in there. ;) You might not follow it to a "T", but it might give you some ideas.

Vic said...

I have heard "eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper." I think the idea is that if you get plenty of fuel for your day early on, you'll burn it off during the day and you also won't be so hungry come dinner time. And burning the cals off during the day is in theory way more effective than if you have more cals at night and go to sleep = low calorie burning time. If that makes sense at all. I don't know if it works, but when I do this, I usually feel more energetic throughout the day. Best of luck with your goals!

Kelly said...

It's not very fun but just cutting out some of the drinking I was doing has helped me a lot. Why can't alcohol be calorie free? boo.