Friday, April 23, 2010

Wedding Projects

I am currently working a few wedding projects and I thought I would get your thoughts and ideas.

First I am working on a guest book featuring our engagement pictures. I totally stole this idea from Amelia, who had put this idea together for her wedding. I loved that it was a chance for people to write messages to us in a format that we would actually use again. I absolutely did not want a traditional guest book, because really how many times would I look at a list of names from my wedding? I am still working on the layouts of some of the pages. But I think you get the idea. What do you think?

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/projectshareewelcome/l=6673276014/p=887231272058929972/g=118149649/cobrandOid=1000/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/otsc=SYE/otsi=SPBKlink/

Next I am working on place card holders. I am going to be ordering them from Etsy.com because I am lazy and don't want to try to make these myself. I am using wine corks like this for the base:

I am then ordering business cards from vista print that have "Eat, Drink, and Be Married" on them and then having my MIL write the names and tables on them. Thoughts?

Next I am going to order the rose petals for my isle from Petalgarden.com, I am going to be ordering about 3,000! They will be red, orange and light blue mixed together. I am then going to place floating candles in tall vases along the isle. OOHHH romantic! I just hope it will look OK. We got a free isle runner from our florist so that will be there as well.

I am also working on ordering our invitations, but I will do a full post on this later.

This weekend we are picking WF's tux and ordering wedding bands. Lots of good stuff in the works!

3 comments:

rena said...

i love the idea of the photo guestbook - we did that too and it's so much nicer to have that to look at than a traditional guestbook. and i love the wine cork place holders!!

Hailey said...

LOVE the guestbook idea! Super cute idea, and super cute pictures!! :)

Erin said...

Those cork card holders are awesome!

Sounds like things are falling into place.. yaay!