Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Weekend Recap


Believe it or not I did not get that drunk this weekend. You are so proud I know. I instead ate my weight in crawfish at our friend's crawsifh boil on Saturday. I, until very recently had never had a crawfish. Then my friends Kelly and her husband "D" introduced me to the wonderful little things. I love 'em! Their brother in law does a boil every year around Easter time and this year was no exception. The boiled over 132 pounds of crawfish for about 100 people. In addition to this they had crabs, potatoes, artichokes, asparagus, garlic, cornbread and all sorts of deserts. It was magical.

Best part of it my future mother in law had a blast. She does not drink beer but she tried beer. She does not really eat spicy food but she ate all the creole seasoning we threw at her. I was really proud of her for trying something new.

Easter Sunday we went to brunch at Z-Tejas and then headed home to have a fun egg hunt and eat lost of candy. All in all a pretty simple but totally fun weekend.

Happy belated Easter to you all!

No comments: