Thursday, April 29, 2010

Invatations: Ordered!

I have officially ordered my wedding invitations from WeddingPaperDivas.com. They are probably the exact opposite of what I wanted to get but I think that might be a reoccurring theme for my wedding. First I wanted a country garden spring time wedding, now I am planning a fall historic city wedding. So why change things up with the invites?

Here is what they will look like:

They are pretty traditional but with a little twist. I loved the sentiment and I loved the idea of using that scrolling detail on other elements of the wedding, like the table numbers, place cards and so on. I ordered a matching response card and will my mother will be doing the addressing. She was super duper excited to have a project and I think this is going to the a great way to have her get involved in the wedding. I have been feeling a little bad that she is so far away and feels like she has no way to help me. Although I will now have to mail some stuff up to her to get the finished invite look sent out I think it will be worth it. She was so happy when I asked her for help. 

In other wedding news we have gotten a few other things checked off our list. We ordered my wedding band, ordered the guest book, picked WF's band, and picked his look for the wedding. I have decided I am borrowing Amelia's hair flower for the day of, and I have picked a wedding hair look. I have picked my bridesmaids gift and planned a little something for them.

Next on the list is finalizing flower colors because I am now wavering on my choices. I am going to be ordering place card holders, researching deals on other decor items and trying to work on our ceremony itself and picking out our menu for the tasting we have at the hotel at the end of the month. Things are slowly coming together, but honestly the more I get done the more little crap I remember I have to do. 

No comments: