Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Getting my butt moving!

WF and I joined Golds Gym last night. We got a great deal on our membership and I am really looking forward to getting started. The gym is freaking really nice and I know I will put it to good use. I have not mentioned this in my blog really but I have been having a lot of knee and foot problems. A week or so ago I bought new running shoes to help with some of this pain. It has made is better temporarily but I have a podiatrist appointment tomorrow morning. I got fitted at RunTex and bought these shoes:

Apparently these have the highest arch you can get without having a custom insole made. So I will try it out. I have liked Mizuno running shoes in the past. We will see if these babies help. They freaking better for how much they were!

I am hoping I can get to the root of my problem at the doctor and they will give me some exercises to focus on. I have had horrible knees since I was in high school. I am thinking I might have been walking funning to compensate for this pain over the last year or so and now the pain in my foot has developed. We will see what the doctor says. In the mean time I am going to get together a work out plan and start hitting the gym 3 to 4 times a week. My main focus will be toning, mainly in my arms and back. I must look hot in my wedding dress!

Kelly has told me a lot about swimming and I think I want to try that out as well. I am a big believer in working around an injury, I just don't want to make it worse. I am hoping that swimming will be the key to this! In the mean time I now have a great reason to go buy a new Speedo and swim cap!

3 comments:

Janet said...

So inspirational as I sit here reading your blog with a pint of Blue Bell Sherbert, motivating me to switch gears and make my workout plan! ;-)

amelia said...

yay! i need a smidge of your motivation...

also...jason can evaluation and give you some exercises for your knee...

Kelly said...

hey you can try swimming just in a regular suit and no cap to get you started, your hair's gonna get wet either way. Just buy some goggles and see if you like it. I bet you can still swim despite your knee issues, it's all upper body and hip flexors. I can put you through the same program I put D through when he was learning, I'm out of shape so it won't be hard to keep up with me.