Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was the first weekend I had at home in literally months. It was so nice. I forget how much I love our cute apartment and just hanging out at home sometimes.

Friday I got home from work and began a ridiculous project. I switched over both of our closets from summer to winter clothing. Then ironed and folded the winter stuff and vacuum sealed the summer stuff. I have to say though our closets needed the refresher and they do look amazing.

Friday night we began with Movie Night. We watched the new Ice Age movie. Very cute and nice and short. We had our most favorite meal from Pei Wei, honey seared chicken (mine is veggie) and crab wantons. It was perfect of course. We did have a downer on the night. We tried a new wine, and BOOO it was gross. So we missed out on our usual Friday night drunk that both of us love so much. Sigh.

Saturday we started off the morning with whole wheat pancakes and conversations about vows. I never thought I wanted to write my own vows until very recently. I am thinking it would be nice to write something together. Jason and Amelia did that together and it was so pretty. We are thinking about saying that in addition to our normal vows. In addition we worked on our guest list and realized we have almost 100 people invited to this wedding. NOT OK. I am sorry to say that we can not invite more than 80 and that is pushing it. We are having a small wedding for many reasons and the main one being we are paying for it ourselves and cant afford to have our second cousins there. Even if we do like them. So next weekend we will be working on cutting that list down. We also went over the budget. I have to say this is the most stressful part for me. I knew weddings cost a lot but I also thought I could be thrifty and pull off a cute wedding for cheap. But man money is spent quickly and I am just stressing out. We had to talk about cutting our rehearsal dinner way back and also maybe delaying a honeymoon. All things that bum us both out. :( But it could be much worse so we will not dwell.

In the afternoon we went super ghetto thrifty and broke into the Riata to wash my car for free. I used to live there and knew that they had these great car washing stations. I had all the stuff to wash my car inside and out, I am very much like Monica from friends in that way. So we got that taken care of and I was super excited. I literally could not believe how dirty my poor car was. Saturday night fiance worked. I took the puppy for a walk and then cought up on my shows on DVR.


Sunday we got up and I made french toast WW style. We then went to Crate and Barrel to register. Let me tell you it was awesome! The people there are so nice and I just love all their stuff. We had a checklist I got from Real Simple that really helped us stay on task. Even with that it took us almost three hours! After all is said and done I am very happy with it. We even registered for some furniture to hopefully be able to buy with the completion program they have! Some of the highlights from the registry:


(Amazing martini glasses that are totally impractical, but we love them) 



 (I have wanted one of these for so long)



(This throw goes perfectly in our living room)

(And this mixing bowls are just too cute!)


Sunday night we got sonic blasts, I know not WW friendly at all, and watched part of the new Transformers movie. We will hopefully be watching the rest tonight.

All in all this was a great weekend. I am so happy we got so much done!

No comments: