Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Officiant Idol

So we are currently auditioning for the roll of interviewing people to do our wedding. Our first meeting in next week and I am super excited about this. It is the first vendor I am picking that I actually don't already have picked out before hand. I am a little worried about this one too as I am kind of in a religious funk and am not totally sure how I want the ceremony to go. I feel like the chaplains may judge fiance and I for not going to church in years. Its not that we are not religious or spiritual we just have not been able to agree on how to get back into a church. I am Roman Catholic and he is non-denominational Christian. The two things although similar are very different. Plus, I mad the choice a long time ago to leave Catholicism and try out different religions. I just have a hard time in that church as I always feel like I am being told what to do when I go.

Anyway we are meeting with 3 potential people. One did our friends wedding last weekend and I LOVED it. I did not even know he was doing it and had contacted him before their wedding. So it was kind of fun to see him in action. The second is a chaplain who was recommended on "The Knot" message boards. I am super nervous about this guy because he has sent us a 35 page letter telling us all of the guidelines we should follow. Very intimidating. The third person is the chaplain who married our friend Kelly. We know he does a great job and he is a bit more on the "traditional" side. This makes me feel more comfortable, but I cont think it makes fiance feel too awesome.

As the great "Cher" said in Clueless, if we dont "mesh well together" then we will just keep looking! In the mean time we are going to register this weekend and work on the gues list. I think we are in good shape and are in line with where we should be in our timeline. If we have any fault its that we are too busy to schedual time to do things together. But as many brides have told me, its probably a good thing he does not know every detail. :)

No comments: