Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Job Frustraition (Not Mine)


So I don't think it is much of a secret that my wonderful fiance is a really great guy. He really is a good person and I am not just saying that. He recently graduated with his master's in international diplomacy, speaks like 3 languages fluently and a bunch others conversationally. He is super smart and if people would just give him a freaking shot I know in my heart of hearts he will do such great things! But no, he is getting anything. No interviews, not even emails back. NOTHING.

He tries so hard and this has been going on for a year now. He took an internship at a really prestigious firm her in Austin last year and the loved him. Told him he was for sure going to get hired there and if not there they would help find him a job. Well then the economy tanked and it was every man for himself. He was then flown up to DC for an interview with the number 1 polling firm in the world. Got to the final two and then they decided to go on a hiring freeze! So in the mean time he took a retail job managing to help pay the bills. Well that place SUCKS too. He is now driving to frigging Bastrop from north Austin and is killing himself to do right by us.

Then there was a glimmer of hope. A job was opening in a local association. I knew he would be perfect for him and I knew all the right people to get a leg up on the competition. He has the background and the drive. I just needed to get him a foot in the door. And I thought I had. My wonderful co-worker, put in a good name for him. The hiring manager said he was really interested. All was going so well. And then today only 4 days after the job "officially" opened, I find out they hired some chick. WTF?!? Really like 4 days later and its done. And why then Mr. Hiring manager would you not say something to my coworker about the fact that you already hired someone? Come on! The false hope is killing me but most of all having to tell my wonderful brilliant man that our one glimmer of hope was snuffed out before he even had a chance is just about going to kill me. I am so sad right now, and I just don't know what the hell to do.

Stupid economy.

1 comment:

Jill said...

story of our summer!! my husband is incredibly great and while he's not nearly as qualified as yours, he couldn't get a single property management job, which is the job that would make him happy. he was led on by a temp agency for months. then he finally took a job in a warehouse so we could make ends meet. he says it's ok, but he has to work 3pm-3am and most of it is labor intensive. it royally sucks. trust me, i know how you feel!!