Monday, October 19, 2009

Blogger MIA

Hey Guys! Sorry I have been MIA lately. I have had a lot going on in the last few weeks and I am just now able to take a breath.

First, my sister called me two Friday's ago at 5 in the morning to tell me her water broke. Normally this is a great thing but in her case she was 10 weeks early and alone in Houston. Her husband just happened to be here in Austin to you can imagine I jumped out of bed and drove him home. She is OK, but she will be on bed rest until she does have the baby. They are pushing for her to make it to Halloween as then the baby has a chance of not going to the NNICU. So my sister is now laying in a bed bored as all heck and I feel so bad for her.

Then I had my busiest week of the year for work. We host a meeting here in Austin to teach our REALTORS how to fund raise for the PAC I work for. Its so much fun but at the same time is totally exhausting and overwhelming. We made it through relatively unscathed. For the most part there were just a few issues. I am happy to say that a lot of hard work paid off.

On Wednesday night in the midst of all of my work craziness I received a phone call from my future mother in law. She told me my fiance's grandmother had passed away. She was such a great lady and fiance is super close to her and his grandpa. Needless to say I met with him and had a long talk with him about her. It was one of the hardest things I have had to do.

In the midst of all of this fiance's best friend Jason of "both shall row..." got married this weekend. He decided to stay for the wedding and be there for Jason. The wedding was so beautiful and I felt like it was a good way to honor his grandma who raised him to be supportive of his family and friends. Jason and Amelia had the most beautiful wedding and heartfelt. Seriously, I want to borrow their families for our wedding. They all made us feel so welcome. We all shared in loving this couple who they themselves can not seem to love each other more. Both of them are amazing speakers and spoke from the heart during and after the ceremony. The decorations and location was flawless. You could tell that these two, especially Amelia put in so much time and effort to make their day special.

Fiance and I drove them to the airport and headed home for a quiet afternoon nap and some reflection on the last two weeks events. Although we can not go to the services for his grandmother I know she lives in our hearts. Parker was there for her all his life and I know she is watching over him now.

I hope the next few weeks we can catch up on the rest of our lives and have some time to enjoy eachother. We are currently interviewing people to marry us!

1 comment:

Vic said...

So sorry for all the chaos in your life as of late and especially sorry for you & FI's loss. Thinking of you <3