Friday, November 6, 2009

So It Begins

Last night as I was baking brownies for our semi weekly dinner with the girls with Kelly and Janet I decided to start to plan out my table layout for Thanksgiving. I am hosting the holiday at my house for the first time. I am super nervous about hosting. I have never made Thanksgiving dinner and I feel a bit ill equipped. BUT I am going to do my best to blow my guests minds with my home making skills and creative genius in the kitchen. Fiance's mom and grandpa are coming so I have to keep it pretty formal and I would like to make it a really special evening.

So first things first, the table. I don't have any new and fancy stuff for the table yet so I am trying to work with what we have and buy things sparingly. I was originally thinking I would just use my regular white dishes and then buy chargers or something. Then WF suggested we use the china I inherited from my grandma, great idea! So after some confusion about what dish was what I finally laid it all out. What do you guys think? The silverware we inherited from Fiance's mom. I thought she would get a kick out of us using it. I am planning on buying a tablecloth and then using a runner.


Just for a better look at the pattern I took a picture up close: 

I know the pattern is not really holiday like, but I still love it. Don't you?


Just cause my dog is so cute, he was helping. 


This is fiance and Harry staying out of my way as I plan. Just had to put that up! 

Some addional inspiration for my thanksgiving table. I am thinking warm, rustic, organic, family.

 



More ideas and planning to come. Next is menu and centerpices. Oh BOY!

1 comment:

Vic said...

I think it looks great! That's a special way to incorporate meaning into the table setting. Love it.