Monday, November 16, 2009

My Week in Cleaning


As I look at my calendar of the next two weeks I get chest palpitations thinking about all the stuff I have to do. As a way to help with stress I break down my week by days and hours and plan out everything I have to do to prep for all that is going on. So that this post is not too overwhelming I will only tell you about this week. Take note and let me know if you like any of my ideas. I know I am anal but maybe I am helpful too!

Cleaning the house:
I plan the cleaning of my house by least used to most because chances of stuff getting messed up over five days in my guest room are much lower than in one hour in my living room. So this why I break things down as follows.

MONDAY - Clean guest room. Wash sheets, fluff pillows, vacuum, wash curtains, dust, clean spot in closet for guests stuff, put away any random stuff that is out.
                   - Clean laundry room. I recently bought a gift wrap organizer to help keep track of what I already have throughout the holidays. You can buy these at container store. They cost like 20 to 30 bucks and are totally worth it. I will be cleaning the tops of the washing machine and dryer, dusting anything and reorganizing shelving.
TUESDAY - Clean dining room. I will be putting together the table and decor for the dining room. Dusting bookshelves and light fixtures. Vacuuming and dusting the window treatments. Washing windows.
                   - Figure out layout for buffet for WF's birthday party and lay out all serving trays.
WEDNESDAY - Clean guest bathroom and kitchen. Deep clean oven and microwave, clean out pantry and check list off of anything I need for party and Thanksgiving. Cleaning out fridge and freezer, make sure nothing is old and outdated. Organize cabinets and make sure all serving items are prepped for Thanksgiving.
THURSDAY - Clean master bedroom and bathroom. Wash sheets, dust, wash window treatments, clean floors and vacuum, clean toilet and vanity, empty garbage and replace toiletries. Prep both bathrooms for guests adding extra toilet paper, hand towels and soap.
                      - Clean living room. Dust and vacuum and put out linens for party.
FRIDAY - Wipe down kitchen and cook for party. Party starts at 730 so I will be prepping pizzas and appetizers right after work and then have them in the oven when guests get there. Will be putting out pitcher of water and bowl of beer and drinks. Napkins and paper plates will be put out at this time as well. I am also going to be baking cupcakes one of the nights and refrigerating them to make a cupcake bar for WF. I think it is a fun activity. I will be putting it out like a buffet. I will provide pictures for you all to check out.

Saturday I am going to be cleaning from the party and changing out decor for Thanksgiving. Also doing laundry and prepping house for guests. More on that next week. Sunday are the e-pics! Super excited.

GOD I am seriously obsessive aren't I?

No comments: