Monday, November 16, 2009

Fashion Trends I Can’t Pull Off

 
In my recent quest to find great new outfits for my engagement pictures I have come to realize that I am a bit out of touch when it comes to fashion. Or maybe I am just more traditional or classic? Whatever the case is this is a post about fashion trends this Yankee can not pull off.

First on my list is Skinny Jeans.


What the hell are these horrible abominations you people call jeans. They make me look like an upside down triangle. Seriously what is wrong with my body in that I can not put on a cute pair of skinny jeans and pair of high heals and call it a night? I tried some of these so called pencil fit jeans at J Crew the other day and immediately thought I was looking into a funhouse mirror. My whole body looked out of whack. Like someone must be fucking with me right now, because I thought I just lost 20 pounds not ate a baby. I mean really the only people that can really pull this super cute casual look off are ten foot tall models and little pixy bitches that I loath. I am sorry if you are wearing this look and pulling it off, cus I am just a hater. I just don’t get how anyone looks good in this look.

I did however try a “new” fashion trend out on Friday and totally had a “How I Met Your Mother” moment. I wore leggings and a cute dress with ballet slippers and I was Pulling. Them. Off. I worked that outfit all day. I can’t believe it took me a year to figure that outfit out. I am loving it and am already planning several other attempts at this look and might even try it with an oversized sweater and boots next week. Who knows I might go a bit CRAZY and even “belt that shit” as Jmo says.

In the mean time I am currently in my A-line skirt and sweater set with pearls and heals. Guess the fashionista in me has a bit of work to do.

2 comments:

Vic said...

I bet you can at least work skinny jeans + boots! They slip over the jeans so much more easily than regular jeans, and they won't look like skinny jeans that way... ?

I'm a b* who finally was able to pull off the skinny jeans, sorry lady. You can do it too. Consult Banana Republic.

Kelly said...

I look ridic in skinny jeans but like Vicki said they work best for boots. And yes, "Belt that shit" are words to live by.