Friday, May 28, 2010

Yo Mama's Dress Fitting

That is how I feel about my dress fitting today. I went in and laid the smack down on these bitches and I think hear the wrath of a bride on a mission. After much discussion with my friends I realized I needed to start speaking up for myself. At my last fitting I was not happy with the way the dress was fitting at all. I thought it looked really young and not me at all. I was pissed but I did not know what to say about it. So this time I spoke up and I think it paid off.

The dress is going to be taken in all over. I have to add another fee to my alterations total which is annoying but I had to get this crap taken care of. It was baggy all over and all in all looked like a 19 year old's sorority formal dress only white. I am hoping with the changes I will feel a bit more sexy.

The one thing that went VERY well was the veil. I bought my veil on sale for $43 bucks and I have got to say it was the perfect investment. Worth. Every. Penny. I tell ya! I love it and for the first time got a bit emotional about this whole getting married thing. It kinda just hit me while I was all alone in the dressing room.

I am super excited about the dress now and I am hoping it will all come together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh my ... definitely speak up! I think i really pissed people off when i told them i wanted this to be taken in, that to be taken out, etc etc. It's actually the first thing ive really been "loud" about.

Vic said...

Good for you for speaking up! You might as well, you're the one wearing it and you are the bride! I hope they get it just how you want it.

Hailey said...

Aww, how exciting!!! And, it's your day, so good for you for speaking up - you only get one of these so you have to make sure you feel your best!! :)