Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday - WF and I bought his wedding band and then headed over to meet Amelia and friends for a drink at Gloria's. We did not stay long but I have decided that I love sangria and must find a way to make it our house for cheap. We then headed home to wrap hostess gifts, pack and iron our outfits for our wedding shower. So much organizing, I really was in heaven. I then got a big surprise! I am going to Carrie Underwood this week! WF gave me my birthday gift very early! So much fun.

Saturday - We headed to Dallas and attended our first shower. Let me tell you this getting married thing is now officially fun! :) Just kidding it was fun before then but now it is freaking awesome! The ladies threw me the sweetest shower, they are my future MIL's teacher friends. We had a salad luncheon complete with my favorite thing, mimosas! We enjoyed sharing stories of getting married and weddings. We then opened our gifts and had lots of fun laughs! WF was there with me and was able to take video of it all because we got a Flip video camera! We also got some really sweet gifts like a Paellea pan from my MIL who is a Spanish teacher and loves to cook that dish for us. She wants to pass the tradition on. I was touched.

We then headed out to an amazing tapas bar in west Dallas. It was called Cafe Madrid. If any of you have a chance to go there you should check it out. SUPER YUMMY! It was really authentic Spanish tapas though. I even had sweetbread. For those of you that don't know what that is, it is sheep's brain! I was so proud of myself for trying it. I really liked west Dallas, such a cute area.

Sunday - We had breakfast and then headed home with a very full car. We unpacked all of our gifts and played in the kitchen for hours! It was a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this makes me excited for my shower! woohoo presents!