Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rehearsal Dinner: BOOKED!

After much back and forth about where and when we were going to have our rehearsal dinner we finally picked a place. It came down to several options.

First the lovely Mandola's Winery in Driftwood. I loved the idea of doing this location because it is fantastic Italian food and is also a winery. WF and I love us some wine and we both thought this would be a great location. But then we got their requirements and I was like, "Hell to the no!". They wanted us to have a semi private space for a spending minimum of $2500 and come in at 3 and be out by 6. Ridiculous. We only have like 23 people coming to the rehearsal dinner. Goodness.

So our next choice was the Salt Lick. We both loved that it was Austin-y and fun and laid back. But then the reality of having several vegetarians coming and the idea of smelling like BBQ for the wedding the next day was not appealing. Next on the list was Z-tejas. Loved the private rooms and the cost per person was perfect but neither of us really like Mexican food too much and it was going to be a pain to get the parking dealt with.

So on to the winner! Perry's Steakhouse. I know sounds fancy, but actually they had the best per person cost and a really low spending minimum. The food is amazing there, it is a block from the hotel and best of all they have a MASSIVE wine selection. We are even hosting the dinner in the cellar room. Perfect for WF and I. I am really looking forward to this night as I think it will be a chance for me to really talk to the people I love. And I get to enjoy a fantastic meal! :) Here is a picture of the main dining area:

5 comments:

Vic said...

Great call! I'm sure it'll be just perfect.

Emily said...

Sounds like a great night! Enjoy it all!!

Anonymous said...

hello there - i just found your blog and i must say i absolutely love it! I'm a bride-to-be as well and actually have had many of the same ideas as you (like the wine corks/fall wedding). I look forward to reading more. Check out mine too if you have a chance :)

Janet said...

It is going to be great! Close to the hotel, really good food (haven't tried it but I've heard wonderful things) and provides a great setting! So excited :-)

Kelly said...

very excited, I had a tradition all through college of celebrating my birthday at the one in Houston and we went to the one in Austin one year for it. The service and food were amazing as always!