Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday - I went home after a very long doctor's appointment and shoe insert fitting and did nothing. WF and the pup were in Dallas and I had no responsibility. I was feeling really bummed about my injury and decided I just wanted to hang out alone. I had a healthy dinner and desert, watched a movie and a lot of TLC wedding shows and then headed to bed.

Saturday - I went to breakfast at Kerby Lane and then headed to Blush Bridal to help Janet order her wedding dress. She looked absolutely beautiful and I just loved the whole look she put together. The ladies at Blush were so nice and I can tell why she wanted to get her dress there. I then headed up to Dallas to go to a WW2 vet reunion. It was really interesting and moving to hear about all of their stories. WF's grandpa was a fighter pilot over Iwo and flew P 51's. There are only 5 living fighter pilots left from their outfit and it was like talking to living history. We ate BBQ and I got to have super awkward interactions with old men as they flirted with me.

Sunday - We started off with brunch at Blue Mesa and then headed home for a really quiet night of DVR and Pho. I love nights like this when we unwind. I was so tired from diving I don't think I could do much else. I did however go re-water the pants I tried to water Saturday morning at Kelly's house. I managed to not kill everything in her garden, YEAH for me!

On deck for this week - Working out, wedding shower prep, Iron Man 2 midnight showing, and heading back up to Dallas! Oh fun stuff.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I know you had a super busy weekend so thank you for joining me! It's always more fun to do that stuff with friends :-)