Friday, May 7, 2010

I am too old for this crap

Last night WF and I headed to the Alamo Draft House to go see Iron Man 2. The only catch was it was at midnight and I had already shared a bottle of prosecco with Kelly at CRU. I was ready for freaking bed at about 9pm. So what do you do when you are tired and must make it through a 2 hour movie in the dark after you drink too much? You drink a bit more and shove your face full of food. So after about an hour of waiting for the movie to start in addition to the two hour movie and 3 million calories I consumed (2 beers, potato skins, the smoky and the bacon and fries, and a $5 milkshake that was heaven in the glass, all totally worth it) I went home and passed out. I am so freaking tired today I could cry.

For those that are interested the movie was awesome. Totally worth going to see. Maybe not a midnight but still. Seriously. I am too old for this crap. I love WF but next time he can go to the midnight showing with his friends.UGH!

2 comments:

Vic said...

Aaahh I feel your pain. I am too old for midnight premieres, too. I think Ramon finally gets this. Glad to hear the movie was good! We're seeing it tomorrow at the Alamo.

Janet said...

Ha! I agree! That's why I couldn't go b/c I knew I'd be shot the next day.

Nice of the bottle at CRU!