Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Confession - I'm Like a Bird

I need to nest.

Lately I have been fighting off the uncontrollable urge to nest. It first started with a project of organizing our photo albums. I really wanted to pair them down and get them organized more. My mom recently sent me a bunch for stuff and I wanted to make room for some of it and then get rid of some of it. I don't need all of my report cards from my childhood that remind me of how horrible of a speller I am, I have this blog.

Anyway, from there it blossomed into me reading new decorating blogs my favorite is Young House Love, I want their whole house, no joke. I have now thinking about making some changes to the house. I desperatly want to do our porch and buy some outdoor furniture maybe even do some plants and stuff. But then I realize I live in an apartment and it might not be wise to buy all that stuff if this is a teporary location.

I then decided I wanted a new bed and bedroom fruiniture. I looked into the prices of new matress sets and thought I would take advantage of the recent Presitdent's Day sales. Well turns out a lot of those are a crock of you know what and I decided against this. Although I am stilly dying for a new bed.

So we wind up at this conclusion, I want to nest. I desperately want to buy a house to nest in. I am in love with a house and it is perfect in every way. I want to buy it and nest in it and do all of the above projects mentioned in it. So without further waiting I give you the house I secretly (not so secretly) love but know I will never be able to buy right now due to many reasons.








 
Can you believe this baby's room? I am dying.

 This house even has a  totally adorable "project" room. COME ON! If you want to see the full thing go here. Mr. A and I drove by it this weekend. I was hoping the neighborhood would be bad and I would hate it, but NOOOO it was cute and up and coming. Dammit.

So you ask why can't we buy this house? Well that can of worms is for another day. I am hoping putting this out there in the universe will help me process it and let it go. I. WANT. THIS. HOUSE. I will one day have a house just like this one. Right? NBD and I should just let it go. Right? No need to go get pre-qualified for a mortgage Right? No need to call a REALTOR . Right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to live in that neighborhood! Sigh. I miss having a house so I totally understand your need to nest. I am counting down the days I can move back to Austin and get a house.

I feel ya! Be patient. The right moment will come.

Anonymous said...

P.S. If it makes you feel better that neighborhood isn't the best. If you decide to live around there get a home security system!!! Sadly, we needed it.

Unknown said...

What neighborhood?