Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bedroom Bookshelf Project

Mr. A and I are going to be signing another year lease on our apartment. I say this with a heavy heart because I so desperately want a home of our own. In the end this was all my choice, I want to be able to buy the right house not just a house because it is works for right now. So we are waiting for now.

So in order to satiate some of my nesting appetite I am going to try and begin re-organizing and decorating things in our apartment. I guess if I live here for another year I have to love it. So my first project is our bedroom shelving unit.

It is a huge wall unit from Ikea. In case you can't tell in the pictures it is a dark brown unit not black. Mr. A and I want to keep some of these items on display but I hate dust collectors, just hate them! So I am researching ideas and inspiration this week. I need some storage and I want to have an organize theme in the unit. Now that I see pictures of this thing I can see how bad I need to work on this.

*UPDATE: My pictures did not load correctly so for now a generic image will have to do. Let me know what you would do here!  The second image is as close as I could get to what we have right now!

Right now we have a small TV on top of it and two small black and white framed photos on either side. I would like to keep the general feel of this area, but I just think it can "flow" more. 

Let me know your thoughts and ideas, I will post inspiration photos later this week and I will complete this project this weekend (I hope)! 


1 comment:

amelia said...

i love home design decor projects... bottle(s) of wine and help with the project soon?? i think a few new touches will make it lovely and you will be even happier in your home :)