Monday, March 28, 2011

One perfect day... and the winner!

I had the pleasure of being a member of Janet's wedding party this weekend and I had a blast!!! It was the first time I was in a wedding since ours and it just gave me a whole new perspective on the event! I relived so many emotions. It was so special to walk down the isle and see my husband standing there smiling back. Janet has impeccable taste and everything about the whole day just said casual and sophisticated elegance.


I was super emotional about their wedding. I think even more so than I was about ours. Not because hers was more emotional to me than my own wedding but because I actually had time to let all those feelings rush in. I remembered what it was like to slip on that dress (and stuff my bra with chicken cutlets). I knew what those vows meant to Mr. A and I. It was such a special experience to be a part of Janet's day and see her run though it all.


I am sure others with post more pictures from the wedding. Since both the hubs and I were in it we could not take any pictures of the ceremony. Since I began to dance and eat and drink at the reception my camera did not come out much then either. So sorry for that.

Let me just tell you my favorite part of the whole day was the groom, Ben, filling up as he saw Janet turn the corner and head towards him! It was one of those moments that reminds you of all of the emotion behind that day. It was amazing to see between them. 

I will do my best to link to other posts with pictures and details from the day because words can't begin to describe how beautiful the wedding was!

Now, getting away from the mushy stuff and on to the fashion. I know that is what you all care about anyway! I chose the retro dress with the strait neck. Its the one Mr. A liked me in and let's face it that is the guy I care most about liking what I wear! Janet gave us all matching pearl necklaces (so freaking cute btw) and I wore some black low heals. Hair up in a low messy bun. Smokey eyes. I worked it. :-) Here is the dress as a reminder, better pictures will come soon.


1 comment:

Janet said...

I think I know what you mean - if your wedding was coming up I would be an emotional wreck! So glad to have ya'll part of the big day, ya'll were such a great support system!