Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just the two of us...We can make it if we try!


In the last few weeks with this job change I have had a lot of other changes happen in my life as a result. For example I can no longer cook meals and work out in the same night. If I do attempt this I need to plan way ahead and it usually involves a crock pot meal of some sort. I also don’t work in downtown Austin anymore, which is great for my commute to work but horrible for my lunch time errand running habits. I used to grocery shop, go to the dry cleaners, tailors, get my dog groomed all in central Austin on my lunch break. Now I have to adjust how all of this is done. Most of it now has to wait until late night or weekends. Weekends are for drinking and sleeping not work!

I have to say I totally under estimated how much a job change was going to affect my life! It’s a great thing but it’s also a pain in the ass. Adjusting to how my new coworkers do things, what my job is going to be and what expectations they have for me is exhausting. Actually trying to figure out what my voice is has been really challenging for me. Then in addition getting back in shape after surgery while trying to fight off the first year of marriage 15lbs I have heard about has been a pain in the butt. Then you know the whole first year of marriage in general adds to it!


In the end what it comes down to is teamwork. My new husband and I are having to adjust to me actually being tired from work, and me not being able to take care of all the meals 5 days a week (except of course on Fridays, Pei Wei is the best). He is going to have to start taking over some of the responsibilities around the house. Not that he is irresponsible at all, he does a lot already. I am asking him to make dinner once a week, and idea I got from Kelly. We are encouraging each other to go to the gym and eat right. We both are trying new things around the house to make things flow better; he is taking initiative more and more. Teamwork is what makes a marriage work in the end I guess. These changes in my life will one day be in the past and we will be that much closer to even more great stuff.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep up the team work! I wish I trained my husband a lot sooner. Women we think we can do it all and the sooner you learn you dont have to do it all the better!